My Go to Resources!
This page is dedicated to my favorite go to sites that are making an impact on healthy living. This is an initial start so please make sure to come back as I will expand over time.
Food labelling and nutrition:
- Foodbabe.com: One of the most important thing to do when making smart food choices is to READ THE LABEL. Foodbabe.com is run by Vani Deva Hari, an American author and activist known for her criticism of the food industry. She speaks the truth about harmful ingredients in processed foods and how to avoid the stuff the food industry is trying to hide.
- Mindbodygreen: great site that covers the holistic aspect of living well in today’s world. They have articles and videos ranging on food, exercise, medication and the interplay between all three in living a long and healthy life.
Self Help & Wellness Figures:
- Dr. Mark Hyman: A wellness advocate, there is pretty much nothing he says I would disagree with as it relates to heating and living healthy.
- Tony Robbins: You can’t listen to Tony Robbins and walk away not wanting to conquer the world. His story is amazing and he’s been around forever.
- James Swanwick: James started the 30 Day No Alchohol Challenge following his own success of going alchohol free for 30 days and still alchohol free nearly 6 years later. The program is for the average social drinking who just wants to take a break from drinking. I joined and completed the 30 day challenge in the summer of 2015. After 30 days I’ve continued to be alchohol free. James’ program brings people of all over the world into a closed facebook group to support each other, leveraging social, video and email with motivational information and tips that makes not drinking fun and worthwhile.