Why I love this recipe:
I set out to create a low fat yet savory tai coconut shrimp dinner and realized it was not that difficult to do. This recipe is infused with a variety of ingredients that do not sacrifice on taste, generating an amazing aroma filled meal with so much flavor it’s difficult to only have one serving.
Click here for recipe
- Sautee the shrimp with garlic, oil and lime.
- Place shrimp to the side once cooked.
Tai coconut sauce:
- In the same pan, sautee red peppers, green peppers and white onion
- Once cooked (not too soft), add one can of light coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter, 1/2 squeeze of lime, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (or brown or cane sugar) and add fresh basil, chili pepper and extra garlic powder to taste.
- Bring to boil and then let simmer until thickened (few minutes)
- Add shrimp, serve over jasmine white or brown rice, garnish with cilantro and scallions and enjoy!